1.By completing this assignment, students will be demonstrating their knowledge and skills learnt from session 1-5 that include:
o IP address planning
o Local Area Network technologies
o Implement and configure Local Area Network of medium complexity in Cisco Packet Tracer
NIT2222 Network Technologies Assignment
Victoria University Company has recently restructruing and needs to develop a new local area network to meet business requirements. You are hired by the company to design and build the network.
The initial phase involves design and development of a network for a number of building as shown in the below map.
The physical organization is as follows:
1. Building L hosts Sport and Health Departments
2. Building M hosts Sport and Health Departments
3. Building G hosts Business and Engineering Departments
4. Building A hosts Human Resources and Business Departments
5.Building K hosts main servers of all departments.
The network requirement of each department is detailed as follow:
After discussing with the company leaders and their technical staff, both sides have agreed with the following technical requirements:
1. Each department should be placed on a separate SUBNET for management.
2. Departments located within the same building should use the same Layer-2 switches. VLAN must be used to separate traffics between departments.
3. Layer-3 switches must be used for routing between VLANs of the internal networks.
4. The network should be designed with high performance and high availability requirements using Ether channel and First Hop Redundancy technologies.
5.The company uses a single gateway router to access an outside router of ISP. Network Address Translation should be used on the gateway router to hide IP address of internal network.
6.The network should be designed to optimize the cost i.e. you should try to use least numbers of network devices and links.
7.The company was assigned the following IP address range to use for their networks: 172.XY.0.0/16 (XY is the last 2 digits of your student ID)
Specific Assignment Requirement
To complete this assignment, you are recommended to take the steps below:
1.Design and draw network topology using packet tracers (or other drawing tools. Clearly label the buildings departments switches and router.
2.Identify how many subnets are required for your proposed topology. Design the subnets based on the given network address (172.XY.0.0/16) to optimize the address spaces using the second approach – number of hosts needed).
Note: the link between the gateway router of the university and ISP router has been assigned with network 200.1.X.0/24 (X is the first digits of your student ID).
Create a table and provide details of the network design for each network such as below:
3.Label the drawn network topology with corresponding subnets and ip addresses and then take screenshot
4.Design appropriate configuration script for Routers and Switches to implement the proposed network. Where necessary our configuration design should account for VLAN, Routing, NAT and Redundancy.
Place configuration of each device into a table as below:
Then enter the script into packet tracer to implement a functional network.
5. Perform necessary verification to test the performance of the proposed network. All computers should be able to ping to any other computers on different networks and to the port on router. If either of the Layer 3 switches fails the network should still be functional.
Use necessary screenshots of ping and show commands on computers switches and routers to show the status and performance of your network.
ORDER This NIT2222 Network Technologies Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Read More :
ICT103 Analysing And Modelling System Requirements Assignment