Subject Code and Title :- MGT501 – Business Environment
Assessment :- Initial Reflection
Individual/Group :- Individual
Length :- Up to 1,000 words
Weighting :- 20%
Learning Outcomes :- The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Apply conceptual knowledge of reflective practice in a business context.
b) Critically evaluate business principles and stake holders view points in global environments.
MGT501 Business Environment Assignment
Assessment Task :-
Based on a verifiable reflection model and relevant aspects of topics covered in Modules 1 and 2 you are required to write a 1000 word reflection on what motivated you to undertake your current course of study post graduate program in Torrens University.
Self reflection is a way of assessing your self and under standing the reasons for your life experiences. It is about analysing what you do why you do it and its future implications. Self reflection also enhances self aware ness which provides a solid basis for empathy and good leadership. Most importantly it enables you to develop your skills and ability to strengthen your reflective inquiries with theoretical evidence: theory-practice interface.
Therefore this assessment provides you with an opportunity to formally reflect on your reasons for under taking your course of study at Torrens University and how it may help you develop professionally. In addition it helps you to become aware of your thinking through describing analysing and evaluating your learning experiences.
Assessment Instructions :-
1. Adopting an established reflective model (e.g., the Gibbs Reflective Cycle 1988 or the Driscoll Reflective Model 1994 and relevant aspects of topics covered in Modules 1 and 2 you are required to write up to 1000 words of ‘initial reflection’ on the reasons for undertaking your current course of study.
The topics you are expected to cover may include, but are not limited to business environment and reflective business practices business structures and government regulations including economic principles. Please note that you are required to adopt ONLY ONE (1) reflective model in this assessment.
Please note that you are required to adopt ONLY ONE (1) reflective model in this assessment.
2.The reflection should address the following questions:
• How did your experiences (academic and/or work) prepare you for the current course of study?
• What are the past experiences (or interests) you have in this area?
• How would you ensure the required outcomes of your course of study are being met?
• How would you manage and monitor your academic activities to ensure a successful conclusion of your course of study?
• Looking into the future, what are the implications of your current course of study in later life post-career?
• What are the goals you would like to set for yourself, with respect to your current course of study?
3.Key points to consider:
• Start the reflection with a brief description of your initial understanding of business environment reflective practices, economic principles and others. With reference to these subject contents justify your choice of current course of study identify how your course of study relates to your own experiences and how you may apply your knowledge in the future.
• You are expected to carefully analyse your previous experiences and current expectations. Your reflection should be clear and succinct and demonstrate that you have short-term and longterm goals including an understanding of what you want to do with your degree.
• Please note that the reflection is about your course of study and career/professional projections. You need to integrate some theoretical implications of this subject into your reflection. For example if the reason for embarking on an MBA program is to change your profession start a new business, or advance your career you may need to reflect on the consequences/implications of some business environment issues stake holders business structures macro and microenvironments etc.
MGT501 Business Environment Assignment
4.Structure and Format:
• Please structure the reflection as follows:
Cover sheet: You MUST use the formal Torrens University coversheet.
Brief one sentence aim of the assessment, and how you intend to achieve it (brief outline of your adopted reflective model [e.g., Driscoll, 1994] and its stages).
Use the reflective model stages as your main headings (e.g., Driscoll 1994 what so what and now what to address the suggested reflective points.
• Please write the reflection in the first person (e.g., me, my, mine, or I), because this is about YOU your reflections and your interpretations. For example I considered this advice to be…… because it had a big impact on my………and it helped me to understand the reason for my…………”).
• Try to be as specific as possible. Provide brief examples to illustrate your points, including those that would enable you to demonstrate learning.
• Please make sure to make significant references to the subject contents including other readings.
You are strongly advised to frequently read through the rubric as you write because it is the evaluation guide with criteria for grading your assignment.