1. Prepare a plan or make notes for each of the three (3) activities that include:
● Name & description of the activity
● the number and age of the children
● why these experiences are relevant to the development and learning of the children
● the type of materials used and how they are made accessible to the children
● how you make an effort to ensure the environment is aesthetically pleasing safe interesting and challenging.
CHCECE018 Nurture Creativity In Children Assignment
Activity 1 – Food tasting experience
This is a sensory experience about taste the aim is to teach children about different types of taste like sweet sour salty and bitter. We are implementing different types of experiences that provide opportunities for children to learn about different senses like taste touch smell hear and see.
5 children at a time to ensure proper supervision and maximise engagement with each child. The children are aged between 3 – 4 years old.
We have sensory experience as an on going learning area for the children because we recognise sensory experience are very important for all children of all ages and all ability levels. Children learn many skills through sensory experiences for example imagination problem solving numeracy and literacy, fine motor skills independence skil, self-control etc…
I had a discussion with our centre chef about this tasting experience I wanted to do with the children. We decided to use red apple and banana to represent sweet flavours; sour with lemons lime and green apple bitter with bitter melon grape fruit and dark chocolate and we have cheese and savoury biscuit for salty flavours. The food will be placed in 4 category areas with designated posters. This experience will be set up on a table where children can make their own choices of which food they want to taste.
I will ensure that the foods are cut up and prepared before I start this experience with the children. Prepare different sets of tongs so the children are allowed to serve themselves. Due to some children having dietary requirements, I will also ensure alternative food is available for those children. To maximise the engagement with children I will only have 5 children at a time. And during the experience I will engage children with open ended questions.
Activity 2 – What’s the time Mr. Wolf
This is a classic children game, which one children be the wolf and the other children be other animal and continuously to ask the wolf whats the time, Mr. Wolf. Then the wolf will reply with time. And eventually the Wolf will say dinner time and this is when the wolf tries to catch other children and while they are running away from the wolf.
This is a play based experience that provides many learning benefits such as numeracy and literacy skill turn taking skill social skills gross motor skills.
This game can have as many children as possible because it is a group game.The children who will be parti cipating in this activity will be aged between 3 – 5 year old.
This activity does not require any material, but does need a big open space where children can run around freely. Children can play this game any time as they like once they learn how to play this game.
2. Implement each of the three (3) experiences you planned and make observations for your evaluation:
● Explain how you ensured flexibility to respond to children’s interests as they arose and allowed children to extend their creative efforts over days or weeks.
● Explain how you encouraged children to pursue their own ideas and use these in the activity.
● Explain how you encouraged collaboration.
● Explain what you did when children showed curiosity, experimentation, active learning literacy and choice.
● Explain how you showed a technique to a child to use materials and equipment safely and correctly.
● Describe how you supported children to feel a sense of ownership and responsibility for equipment and materials.
Complete a formative evaluation for each of the experiences using a range of methods.
4.Complete a summative evaluation that identifies three further experiences to encourage participation expand skills and nurture further creativity.
ORDER This CHCECE018 Nurture Creativity In Children Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Read More :